Monday, December 5, 2011

Jonah Mowry - my most important blog to date.

By now you may have seen a video that Jonah Mowry posted on youtube 4 months ago. If you haven't you can view it here: (WARNING: THERE IS PROFANITY IN THIS VIDEO. MIDDLE SCHOOLERS YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR PARENTS BEFORE YOU WATCH THIS VIDEO)






I hope your heart breaks when you watch this video. I also hope that it stirs you to action. I work with 100+ middle schoolers on a weekly basis and I wish that I could tell you that kids like Jonah are in the minority. The sad truth is that they are not. Dozens of the middle schoolers I work with are struggling with bullying, low self-esteem, and lack of purpose. Many of them don't have a consistant voice in their lives letting them know how special, wanted, and worth-while they are! They aren't being regularly reminded about the love, grace, and hope their Creator and Savior, Jesus Christ has to offer them.


Let me make this cry for help to you. THERE IS A HUGE NEED FOR PEOPLE TO INVEST IN THE LIVES OF STUDENTS. If your heart was stirred at all by this video and you would like to do something about it. Please email me peter.jenkins@gracespringchurch.org. I work with middle schoolers primarily in the Richland, Plainwell, Gull Lake, and surrounding area. Students lives are precious to our Lord and Savior. Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, 'Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.'"


I would love to sit down and talk with you about how you can make an eternal difference in the lives of students. Thank you for taking the time to watch the video and read this. Together we can make a lasting difference in the lives of students all for the glory of God.


to God be the glory

No comments:

Post a Comment