Monday, March 12, 2012

The Best Way to Walk Out of Church

I have had the incredible privilege of speaking twice in our main service at gracespring Bible Church where I work as an Assistant Pastor to Students(i.e. Middle School and College Guy). The first time I taught was full of nerves and sweat. The second had a slightly less of both. The reason I mention this is because a former boss of mine started a conversation with me that I'll never forget because he heard me speak.

The conversation started off at a restaurant in my hometown of Plainwell, MI. He lovingly called me, 'Pastor Pete' as I walked in the door. I instantly smiled and returned the warm greeting.

He let me know that he had heard me speak and was very proud of me and the pastor I was becoming. Anytime you have a boss that you respect, words of affirmation from them stay with you.

He went on to talk about how he been coming to gracespring off and on for a few months. His regular church was where he went to see his friends, but gracespring was where he went to get encouraged, challenged, and uplifted.

"When I walk out of my church, Pete, I'm just walking. When I walk out of your church, I'm bouncing!"

It was such a simple yet profound statement. And that's the way it should be. Sunday mornings at church shouldn't be a time when we faithfully sit in our seat and 'let' the preacher talk at us for an hour. It should be a time when we are reminded of God's love, grace, and sacrifice for us. That should cause us to leave church filled with excitement! 



How do you feel after a Sunday morning at your church? 



Should you be a part of change that needs to happen in your church? 



Should you be leading you and\or your family to a different church? 

No comments:

Post a Comment