Thursday, March 29, 2012

Investment Advice (Not What You Think)

Emily is a high school senior that I have known since she was a seventh grader. This is part of that story.


I first met Emily when she came on a missions trip with the middle school youth group at gracespring. She went to Nashville to serve with us two years in a row. When she entered high school, that was the year that Beth(Best Wife Ever) and I started leading a high school small group at gracespring. Emily was placed in my wife's group.  
Emily continued to be actively involved at church. Ministry teams, missions trips, service projects, you name it...Emily has probably helped out with it.

Her junior year of high school she entered into the Jr. Internship program that we have in the Gracespring Student Ministries Department. I was a part of this program back in high school.

Emily is a senior now with a very strong case of senioritis. Emily has done a great job of making wise decisions. No, she's not a boring goody-goody, she's a wise young lady who likes dance parties and One Direction. 

This brings us up to a month ago. Emily, as a junior intern, is suppose to teach one time in Impact during her internship. So, she was assigned the date of March 28. I was then able to teach her what I was taught as an intern about teaching. The prep work, the practice methods, the delivery techniques and many other random things. She did an amazing job! 
I couldn't help but reflect back on how Emily and I arrived at this point. Someone walked me through something that I was then able to walk Emily through. How powerful is that! 

Who are you investing in? Yes, you have something to offer. Who could you invest in? Why not ask them?


No comments:

Post a Comment