Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How, Father? How?

What?? You still blog Peter?


It has been way too long!


Sorry for the absence. I can honestly say that I have missed all of you and have missed sharing the things I am learning with you. I hope you and your family have been well.


A few weeks ago Beth and I headed to Boston and New Jersey to visit some great friends and see family. As we were walking through downtown Boston, I couldn't help but be amazed by the diversity that exists in a city that is only 47 sq. miles. So many different walks of life. So many stories. So many views on education, politics, religion, fashion, and where to get the best plate of fish and chips. 













Every time I travel to a major city I am overwhelmed by the statistical reality that so many people are living without the hope and love of Christ. We traveled to old church after old church and it was so apparent that religion and especially Christianity are considered a thing of the past in modern culture.

Father, how can I make your story come alive?

How can I be a light? 

How can I let them know how much You care? 

“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 
- Jesus Christ




Father, I'm willing.




How do you talk about your beliefs? 


When was the last time you brought up religion in a conversation? What was the result?

No comments:

Post a Comment