Monday, June 4, 2012

What My 'Papa' Has Modeled to Me

Today (June 4) is my father's birthday. He will be...well he's older than 29.

He's the one who's not my mom.

In a world where dad's are often labeled and seen as losers, deadbeats, abusers, lazy, and many other negative things, my dad is none of those things. 

He:

1. Provides Wisdom

Decision after decision in middle school, high school, college and beyond my dad has been a solid rock of perspective that has been a blessing to Beth and I. My heart breaks when I think about the young men in this world who don't have access to that perspective and insight on life. 

2. Models a Loving Husband

Is my dad perfect? Nope. He'd be the first one to tell you that. But, being a loving husband doesn't mean being perfect. It means being patient, kind, unselfish, and faithful. Along with being a provider, defender, and encourager. 

3. Hugs Me

My dad wasn't always this way, but over the past eight years he has become an excellent hugger of his children. When He sees me, one of the first things he does is come up and give me a big hug and ask me how I'm doing. It may seem simple. If you're in middle school or high school reading this, it may seem lame. But, let me tell you that it is one of the greatest acts of love my father exhibits. 

Thank you, Papa. I love you! 

Happy Birthday. 

374659_FREE Father’s Day Cards at Cardstore.com starts 6/1! Use Code: LUVDAD2 at checkout for limited time

No comments:

Post a Comment