Friday, May 25, 2012

An Apology & Memorial Day Options for Families

Yesterday I published a post about having fun this weekend. When I wrote that blog, I wasn't thinking about the fact that it would be read on Memorial Day Weekend. So, I would like to apologize for the fact that it did not include any mention of our veterans or suggestions about how families could remember the sacrifices so many military personal have made and are currently making.



My grandfather served in the Air Force following WWII and my brother-in-law currently serves in the Air Force and is stationed down in Del Rio, Texas. I am fully aware of the sacrifices families have to make for their loved ones to protect this country.

But, what I was reminded of is how I take for granted the freedoms we do have. I honestly believe that the women and men who have died to protect this nation would want us to celebrate those freedoms by taking full advantage of them and have some F-U-N with our friends, churches, or families. But, I also believe it's important for us all to remember and for our children to learn about what it has cost to be free. My guess is that most of your are already teaching your children about the privileges and freedoms they have and for that I say, "Well done!"

Here is a link to the MLive page about what events are happening in the greater Kalamazoo area.

http://blog.mlive.com/kalamazoo_gazette_extra/2008/05/memorial_day_events_abound_thr.html

May We Never Forget. 






18407_Save big on hundreds of items with Cabela's Memorial Day Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment