Monday, September 5, 2011

Tweet #1,231

The tweet:

For me and my generation, the good ol' days will be when iTunes songs were only $0.99.


This tweet has a long history in the world of fast paced tweets. This one begins at a birthday party for Ben Belloli (good friend, slowly becoming great friend, who just got engaged) about a month ago. At the birthday party was a friend from high school who stood up in my wedding, Adam. Adam attends Mars Hill and we quickly began discussing Rob Bell's latest book, Love Wins. This led to a discussion on theology and us genuinely sharing our theological views on free will.

Two weeks later, Adam posted a link on my Facebook wall regarding a book he thought I would enjoy. I suggested to him at that point that we start a book club together and read one book a month and then get together and discuss it. He loved the idea and the book we are starting with is, Justification by N. T. Wright.

Naturally, I had to go to Barnes & Noble. They didn't have the book.

The reason I was thinking about iTunes started when Beth (my wife) and I were at the Barnes & Noble cafe. While we were waiting in line, Beth noticed "The Green Album" for sale. It's a tribute CD by various artists to Kermit the Frog(random thought: does Ghandi have a tribute CD?). Beth picked it up and showed me that one of our favorite artists, Andrew Bird had a song on their. I then saw the $14.99 price tagged and I commented about how easy it would be to find a cheaper copy of the CD. So I pulled out my beautiful iPhone 4 (I just realized I put the adjective beautiful before my iPhone and put no adjective at all before describing my wife...oops) and opened up the app called Shop Savvy, scanned the bar code and found the CD for less than $10 via digital download on iTunes. When I clicked on the CD in iTunes, I saw that all the songs were $1.29 to download them individually. At that point, I remembered the good ol' days.

1 comment: