Sunday, September 4, 2011

What is Pete Behind the Tweet

If you've known me for any length of time, you probably know that I am a huge fan of Twitter. Several thousand times a month my phone vibrates letting me know that I have a new text messages and two-thirds of the time it is a new tweet. I follow many people but only. Select few are sent to my phone. I'll share some of my favorites later.

While receiving tweets is fun, there is nothing more liberating and exciting in the social network world than sending out a tweet of your own. When you type up a message that contains your exact thoughts, feelings, or actions and you are free to share that with the entire world(which for me consists of about 0.000000762% of the world's population), you feel empowered.

While I love reading a great tweet from say @louiegiglio, I sometimes wonder what the back story is. What made him send that tweet at that exact moment? So, to amuse myself and hopefully a few others, I have decided to share on a regular basis the backstory behind a few of my more interesting (at least from my purely selfish perspective) tweets.

I hope you laugh, say 'oh ok', an learn a little but more about me. Because that's why I follow people on Twitter, I want to get to know them better and develop a greater sense of community with them. So, follow me, @almost_peter as we embark upon this humorous and informative journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment