Saturday, September 10, 2011

Unashamed Diaper Praise

Tweet: "Speaking at K-Christian MS was awesome! Incredible staff and students. Let's be Unashamed Worshippers!"

On Friday, I had the privilege of speaking to 180 middle schoolers at Kalamazoo Christian Middle School.

Two weeks ago, I received a call from an 8th grade student who attends gracespring, named Lizzie. She said her 8th grade class was planning a community worship at their school and they wanted the theme to be, praise.

"I would love to come!" was my response to Lizzie. I began asking God for wisdom about what to speak on. So there I was, standing in the shower and I thought, "Talk about David dancing naked in the streets!"

So I quickly looked up where that story was found (Thank you, biblegateway.com), and read it. I learned that David wasn't naked, he was wearing a linen ephod. Still, not a lot of clothes! So to translate that to our culture, I imagined David wearing a diaper and being unashamed of it.

I challenged the middle schoolers to live a life of unashamed praise the same way. Live your life in such a way that you will stand out (in a positive way) from the rest. Just like you would stand out if you were wearing only a diaper.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment